Walker: ‘Our team is made up of Alaskans who love this state as much as Heidi and I do and understand exactly how much is at stake in this race’
ANCHORAGE – Bill Walker and Heidi Drygas, running for governor and lieutenant governor, today announced their campaign leadership team.
T.J. Presley will oversee campaign strategy and execution in his role as Campaign Manager. Austin Mahan will ensure that the campaign operates with transparency and remains compliant with campaign finance laws as Treasurer. Moira Gallagher, as Finance Director, will lead efforts to raise the resources necessary to win. Austin Baird is a Senior Advisor focused on external communications, outreach, and public engagement. Paxson Woelber will lead creative efforts as Graphic and Web Designer. Carolyn Hall will manage campaign operations through her role as Operations Manager.
“Our team is made up of Alaskans who love this state as much as Heidi and I do and understand exactly how much is at stake in this race,” Bill Walker said. “Together, this team has a wealth of experience that will help us win and rebuild Alaska.”
“I’m excited to work alongside this team of experienced, hardworking Alaskans,” Heidi Drygas said. “This announcement follows our strong fundraising numbers earlier this week and the release of dozens of campaign co-chairs who reflect the diversity of our state. We’re honored by the growing support.”
- TJ Presley has worked in public policy for more than ten years, with a focus on natural resource issues. He previously worked for legislators in both bodies of the Alaska State Legislature, as an advisor to the Director of the Alaska Division of Oil and Gas, and most recently as Deputy Director of the Alaska Redistricting Board. He has advised and managed dozens of campaigns throughout Alaska.
- Austin Mahan is the owner of Mahan Reporting LLC, a compliance-focused company that aims to help Alaskan political campaigns disclose their finances to the public transparently and accurately. He has worked as treasurer and report preparer for several Anchorage-specific campaigns.
- Moira Gallagher is a business development professional with experience helping Alaskan small businesses grow and thrive. She previously served as the Director of the Live. Work. Play. initiative at the Anchorage Economic Development Corporation, and as a policy advisor at the U.S. Department of Treasury in Washington D.C. She has over a decade of fundraising experience in the higher education sector.
- Austin Baird is the owner of 4950 Consulting LLC, which provides services ranging from public relations management to content and digital strategy to development and implementation of integrated communications plans. He previously worked as Communications Director for the coalition that controls the Alaska House of Representatives, Press Secretary for Governor Bill Walker, and as a journalist.
- Paxson Woelber is a graphic and web designer based out of Anchorage. He has worked on numerous political campaigns in Alaska, and his media work has been featured in national and statewide publications, including National Geographic, Alaska Magazine, and the Anchorage Daily News.
- Carolyn Hall is a small business owner who has a background in visual communications and journalism and previously held communications roles in the Municipality of Anchorage and in the Office of the Governor during the Walker Administration. Recently, Carolyn earned her Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Alaska-Anchorage.