Walker-Drygas reports $1.5 million in campaign contributions

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 19, 2022

ANCHORAGE – Bill Walker and Heidi Drygas have raised $1.5 million in their bid to become Governor and Lieutenant Governor, the candidates reported in a July 18 filing.

The filing was submitted on the second reporting deadline in the 2022 election cycle and covers all donations received by the campaign since last August. The candidates raised $830,000 since the previous reporting deadline of February 1, and a total of $1.5 million since launching last year. 

These results place Walker-Drygas ahead of all other candidates in fundraising and help establish a clear path to victory.

A total of 1,900 Alaskans have donated to the campaign, with support coming from Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and non-partisans in 63 communities across the state. Thousands of Alaskans have donated, and Alaskans make up 90 percent of all donors. The other 10 percent are individuals who live out of state and support independent candidates whose loyalty is to their constituents rather than a political party.

“This fundraising report is a reflection of the broad support we have across Alaska,” Bill Walker said. “We’re honored to have the backing of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, people in villages and cities, and organizations representing people from all walks of life. Alaskans are looking for their leaders to rise above divisive issues and focus on what matters to them. Together, we’re going to rebuild Alaska.”

“A donation to our campaign is an investment in our future, and Alaskans from all kinds of backgrounds are supporting us because they recognize that we are the only ticket that can beat Mike Dunleavy,” Heidi Drygas added. “Together, we will create better schools and universities instead of tearing ours down. We will build up the ferry system so it better serves Coastal Alaskans instead of ignoring them until an election year. And we will make it so rural communities have access to public safety and economies that work.”